Since April 2017, ARC Aerial Imaging has been delivering its highly-regarded and market-leading 'Introduction to Drone Aerial Imaging for Mapping, Surveying and Photogrammetry Course' on a regular basis.
This 2-day course covers the fundamentals and principles of aerial imaging to enhance commercial sUAS operators and businesses knowledge in mapping with drones by understanding how to accurately plan and collate this imaging from various sUAS platforms and digital sensing in order to produce enhanced geospatial products and to present this processed information using common forms of Geospatial Information Systems through classroom and practical-based learning.
It is the only one of its kind that's currently being delivered in the UK is instructed by an accredited Aerial Imaging and Spatial Analyst who has 25 years of specialist knowledge and experience.
This continuous professional and business development course is intended for qualified and experienced individual drone operators or drone-operating organisations who are commercially engaged in industries such as construction, precision agriculture, structural inspection and surveying, the emergency services and photogrammetry and are seeking to enhance their current knowledge and skills or are requiring to train their staff in mapping with drones.
How will your UAV-operating business benefit by attending this...
- INCREASE ITS COMMERCIAL VALUE by providing informed planning consultation to your clients on how best to collect optimal drone aerial imaging for their bespoke mapping and surveying projects;
- REDUCE, EVEN ELIMINATE POTENTIAL PROCESSING ERRORS with photogrammetry software in order to produce better geospatial products and derive more accurate spatial information for your client's end requirements with enhanced collected aerial imaging.
Instructing our course at your UAV-operating organisation's premises...
Furthermore and if your training-providing entity, large business or organisation is utilising drones and are seeking to continually develop its commercial training and/or in-house mapping services, ARC Aerial Imaging can bring this course to your organisation's premises and for a nominal, all inclusive fee thus saving your organisation in time and additional expenditure for individual employee training, travel and other associated expenses.
If you think this training would be of benefit by having it being instructed at your organisation you can initially get in touch with us about it and your requirements by enquiring via our contact webpage.
What this 2 day course entails...
Day 1 (Classroom Tuition)
- Types of Drones for Aerial Imaging Mapping and their Sensing Components;
- Understanding the Types of Aerial Imaging;
- Understanding Aerial Imaging Scales, their Resolutions, Interpretabilities and Ground Sample Distances (GSD);
- How to calculate for Aerial Imaging Scales and GSDs;
- What affects Scales and GSDs on Nadir Aerial Imagery and how we can improve them;
- The "gist" of Photogrammetry;
- Understanding Imagery Accuracy, Drone Positional Accuracy and their Errors;
- The use and deployment of Ground Control Points;
- Planning Considerations for various Mapping Imagery Acquisitions;
- Typical Drone Flight Planning Workflows;
- Understanding Drone System Limitations;
- Recognising and Understanding the Operating Environment for Mapping;
- Recommended Sensor Collection Settings for Mapping;
- Nadir Drone Mapping Planning Considerations for Small and Large Environments;
- Oblique Drone Mapping Planning for Structural Surveying, Inspection Mapping and 3D Modelling;
- Common Aerial Imaging Collection Errors and how to Plan to Reduce/Eliminate them;
- Common Autonomous Drone Mapping Planning Apps - their individual differences and uses;
- Common drone mapping/surveying planning apps, their differences and uses for unique mapping undertakings.
Day 2 (Classroom and Outdoor Tuition)
- Drone Mapping Planning Exercises;
- Drone Mapping Practical Exercises;
- Drone Aerial Imagery Collection Validation;
- The creation of a basic and non-controlled Imagery Map;
- Common Drone Aerial Imaging Processing Software;
- Processing and Presenting Geospatial Information using GIS Applications;
- Continued workshop discussions/consolidation and onward guidance;
- Network and establish business connections with other CAA-accredited sUAS professionals.
Real practical mapping training experience...
A key element of this course is the opportunity to undertake a series of practical mapping task(s) in a real setting and which is based on a "client's RFI (Request For Imagery)". Our experienced instructor will guide you through the exercises and there will be an opportunity to check/discuss imaging outputs during a relaxed post-mapping flight "debrief" session. The practical exercises are typically conducted in small groups, usually one instructor to around 6 attendees.
Price to attend - £495
The course's fee is also inclusive of the following*:
- A Certificate of Attendance;
- A comprehensive Course Aide Memoir;
- Various Drone Mapping Mission Planning Spreadsheets/Spatial Calculators;
- Reference Guides;
- Course sUAS Aerial Imagery;
- WiFi Internet;
- A buffet luncheon provided for both days (subject to booked numbers).
*This is not a residential course and accommodation will need to be individually sought for by attendees.
Our Training Venue - North Yorkshire (Saltburn)
Our 2018 Course dates.
20th - 21st September 2018 - ONLY 3 SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 13th September to attend this course)
25th - 26th October 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 18th October to attend this course)
22nd - 23rd November 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 15th November to attend this course)
Our 2019 Course dates.
21st - 22nd February 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 14th February 2019 to attend this course)
21st - 22nd March 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 14th March 2019 to attend this course)
25th - 26th April 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 18th April 2019 to attend this course)
23rd - 24th May 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 16th May 2019 to attend this course)
20th - 21st June 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 13th June 2019 to attend this course)
18th - 19th July 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 11th July 2019 to attend this course)
15th - 16th August 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 8th August 2019 to attend this course)
19th - 20th September 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 12th September 2019 to attend this course)
17th - 18th October 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 10th October 2019 to attend this course)
21st - 22nd November 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 14th November 2019 to attend this course)
What are the essential prerequisites before attending...
- Attendees MUST already be a UK CAA-registered commercial drone operator and in current possession of a valid PfCO*;
- Have appropriate Public Liability insurance in place for their drone operations;
- Attendees will need to be in possession of and are to bring their small multi-rotor drone with applicable RGB sensor(s) and lenses that they intend to use for the duration of the workshop and are compatible with the use of autonomous mapping planning apps**.
* A valid PfCO and PL Insurance is required for the practical element of this workshop however if prospective attendees who are not in possession of one can still book to attend but will not be permitted to operate their drones during the practical exercise module.
** This workshop will mostly focus on the use of small DJI multi-rotor drones due to our familiarity with them, their flexibility and broad use by other commercial operators and software/app cross-compatibilities. However, the fundamental and practical learning that can be drawn from this course can also be applied to those organisations who may be using other forms of multi-rotor drones or with fixed-wing platforms.
Course Booking Form
By booking on our course you have agreed to comply to our Course Terms and Conditions.
* Required field.
Upon receipt of your booking, we will get back in touch to initially acknowledge/confirm your place. If your chosen course is fully-booked due to earlier demand, we will contact you confirming your attendance at the alternative date (if selected).
Operators are to adhere to their own drone safety operating procedures in accordance to their Operations Manual.
ARC Aerial Imaging will not accept any liability for any loss or damage to equipment or injury to any third parties during or after attending this course.