Since April 2017, ARC Aerial Imaging has been delivering its highly-regarded and market-leading 'Introduction to Drone Aerial Imaging for Mapping, Surveying and Photogrammetry Course' on a regular basis which is the only one of its kind that's being instructed in the UK and by an Aerial Imaging and Spatial Analyst who has 25 years of specialist knowledge and experience.
The 2-day course will teach current PfCO-holding attendees, drone-operating businesses and organisations the important theory and fundamentals of aerial imaging to enhance their understanding and approaches towards mapping planning with drones through classroom and practical-based training towards the accurate collation of aerial imaging for the creation of mapping/surveying and other technical geospatial products.
Why will your UAV operating business benefit by attending this...
- INCREASE YOUR COMMERCIAL VALUE by providing informed planning consultation to your clients on how best to collect optimal drone aerial imaging for their bespoke mapping and surveying projects;
- REDUCE, EVEN ELIMINATE PROCESSING ERRORS with photogrammetry software in order to produce better geospatial products and measurable data for your client's end requirements with enhanced collected aerial imaging;
- STAY AHEAD OF YOUR BUSINESS COMPETITORS and retain your valuable clients by knowing how to accurately collect drone aerial imaging for their mapping and surveying needs.
This continuous professional and business development course is intended for qualified and experienced individual drone operators or drone-operating organisations who are commercially engaged in industries including construction, precision agriculture, structural inspection and surveying, the emergency services and photogrammetry and are seeking to enhance their current knowledge and skills or are requiring to train their staff in mapping with drones.
Furthermore, if your training-providing entity, large business or organisation is utilising drones and are seeking to continually develop its commercial training and/or mapping services, ARC Aerial Imaging can bring this course to your organisation's premises and for A NOMINAL, ALL INCLUSIVE FEE thus saving your enterprise in time and additional costs for individual employee training, travel, accommodation and other associated expenses.
If you think this training would be of benefit by having it being instructed at your organisation you can initially get in touch with us about it and your requirements by enquiring via our contact webpage.
What will this 2 day course entail...
Day 1 (Classroom Tuition)
- Types of Drones for Aerial Imaging Mapping and their Sensing Components;
- Understanding the Types of Aerial Imaging;
- Understanding Aerial Imaging Scales, their Resolutions, Interpretabilities and Ground Sample Distances (GSD);
- How to calculate for Aerial Imaging Scales and GSDs;
- What affects Scales and GSDs on Nadir Aerial Imagery and how we can improve them;
- The "gist" of Photogrammetry;
- Understanding Imagery Accuracy, Drone Positional Accuracy and their Errors;
- The use and deployment of Ground Control Points;
- Planning Considerations for various Mapping Imagery Acquisitions;
- Typical Drone Flight Planning Workflows;
- Understanding Drone System Limitations;
- Recognising and Understanding the Operating Environment for Mapping;
- Recommended Sensor Collection Settings for Mapping;
- Nadir Drone Mapping Planning Considerations for Small and Large Environments;
- Oblique Drone Mapping Planning for Structural Surveying, Inspection Mapping and 3D Modelling;
- Common Aerial Imaging Collection Errors and how to Plan to Reduce/Eliminate them;
- Common Autonomous Drone Mapping Planning Apps - their individual differences and uses;
- Common drone mapping/surveying planning apps, their differences and uses for unique mapping undertakings.
Day 2 (Classroom and Outdoor Tuition)
- Drone Mapping Planning Exercises;
- Drone Mapping Practical Exercises;
- Drone Aerial Imagery Collection Validation;
- The creation of a basic and non-controlled Imagery Map;
- Common Drone Aerial Imaging Processing Software;
- Processing and Presenting Geospatial Information using GIS Applications;
- Continued workshop discussions/consolidation and onward guidance;
- Network and establish business connections with other CAA-accredited sUAS professionals.
Real practical mapping training experience...
A key element of this course is the opportunity to undertake a practical mapping task(s) in a real setting and which is based on a "client's RFI (Request For Imagery)". Our experienced instructor will guide you through the exercises and there will be an opportunity to check/discuss imaging outputs during a relaxed post-mapping flight "debrief" session. The practical exercises are typically conducted in small groups, usually one instructor to around 6 attendees.
Price to attend - £495
The course's fee is also inclusive of the following*:
- A Certificate of Attendance;
- A comprehensive Course Aide Memoir;
- Various Drone Mapping Mission Planning Spreadsheets/Spatial Calculators;
- Reference Guides;
- Course Aerial Imagery (should weather preclude practical exercises);
- WiFi Internet;
- A buffet luncheon provided for both days (subject to booked numbers).
*This is not a residential course and accommodation will need to be individually sought for by attendees.
Our Training Venue - North Yorkshire (Saltburn)
Our 2018 Course dates.
26th - 27th July 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 19th July to attend this course)
20th - 21st September 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 13th September to attend this course)
25th - 26th October 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 18th October to attend this course)
22nd - 23rd November 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 15th November to attend this course)
Our 2019 Course dates.
21st - 22nd February 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 14th February 2019 to attend this course)
21st - 22nd March 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 14th March 2019 to attend this course)
25th - 26th April 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 18th April 2019 to attend this course)
23rd - 24th May 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 16th May 2019 to attend this course)
20th - 21st June 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 13th June 2019 to attend this course)
18th - 19th July 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 11th July 2019 to attend this course)
15th - 16th August 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 8th August 2019 to attend this course)
19th - 20th September 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 12th September 2019 to attend this course)
17th - 18th October 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 10th October 2019 to attend this course)
21st - 22nd November 2019 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(book before 14th November 2019 to attend this course)
What are the essential prerequisites before attending...
- Attendees MUST already be a UK CAA-registered commercial drone operator and in current possession of a valid PfCO*;
- Have appropriate Public Liability insurance in place for their drone operations;
- Attendees will need to be in possession of and are to bring their small multi-rotor drone with applicable RGB sensor(s) and lenses that they intend to use for the duration of the workshop and are compatible with the use of autonomous mapping planning apps**.
* A valid PfCO and PL Insurance is required for the practical element of this workshop however if prospective attendees who are not in possession of one can still book to attend but will not be permitted to operate their drones during the practical exercise module.
** This workshop will mostly focus on the use of small DJI multi-rotor drones (a list of these are detailed in the booking form below) due to our familarity with them, their flexibility and broad use by other commercial operators, software/app cross-compatibilities and workshop duration constraints. However, the fundamental and practical learning that can be drawn from these workshops can also be applied to those who may be using other types of multi-rotor drones or are stepping up their intents in the future by using fixed-wing platforms.
Course Booking Form
By booking on our course you have agreed to comply to our Course Terms and Conditions.
* Required field.
Upon receipt of your booking, we will get back in touch to initially acknowledge/confirm your place. If your chosen course is fully-booked due to earlier demand, we will contact you confirming your attendance at the alternative date (if selected).
Disclaimer - ARC Aerial Imaging is not a CAA-approved NQE-certified commercial RPAS training provider and this course is an teaching service by informing and educating the attendee on the theory and practical aspects of aerial imaging mapping through the safe use of drones. Operators are to adhere to their own drone safety operating procedures in accordance to their Operations Manual.
ARC Aerial Imaging will not accept any liability for any loss or damage to equipment or injury to any third parties during or after this course.
Our recommended onward data processing services...
Airograph are a Data Processing and Photogrammetry consultation solution who supply at both consumer and enterprise level for drone data applications.
The utilisation of modern technology and a skill set built upon experience, allows the Airograph team to not just deliver market leading quality products – but achieving fast turnaround and unparalleled customer service.
They are working closely with a number of UK based companies whom are leaders in the field of data capture as well as having steady growth with international presence.
Their goal is to continue to offer highly competitive pricing based on a simple structure and not to mention their drive and focus, to continually improve their workflows through research and development.
For more information please visit them at www.airograph.co.uk