If you have a small DJI multi-rotor drone, are in current possession of a CAA 'Permission for Commercial Operations (PFCO)' and want to discover and learn a new drone imaging skill to enhance your current commercial services, we are delivering a 2-day workshop to help attendees accurately plan to collect the best aerial imaging results possible through a drone in order to onwardly produce a variety of imaging and measurable data survey products for a variety of client end needs and uses.
It is apparent that drone operators have encountered a range of issues when undertaking drone mapping or surveying. From initial collection of data to the processing of that data to provide information of a required quality to clients. Understanding of sensors, lenses, settings, software and workflow will be a key learning objective of this course. We also look at the common errors that lead to poor and inaccurate data processing, how to minimise errors and mitigate against them, mission planning and other pertinent factors governing the quality and accuracy of information provided.
Delivered by an Aerial Imaging and Spatial Analyst who has 25 years of proven knowledge and experience, ARC Aerial Imaging's 2-day Drone Mapping Workshops are aimed to improve UK CAA-accredited drone operators and companies by equipping them with the essential fundamentals of aerial imaging theory in order to improve upon this spatial data capturing through various collection techniques for the onward creation of mapping and other technical spatial products.
What this workshop will entail.
- Practical module with multi-rotor drones with fitted RGB sensor/lens mapping a site based on attendee's planned missions...
- The processing of the collected aerial imaging, via a cloud-based or desktop drone imagery software, and compare the collected aerial imaging with that of the planned mapping missions...
- How to measure from drone aerial imaging using known photogrammetry formulae and methodology...
- The analytic and reporting tools available within a cloud-based processing application...
- Workshop consolidation/discussion and onward guidance...
- Modules including the fundamentals and theory behind aerial imaging (then) and drone digital imaging (now) for mapping, surveying and photogrammetry uses.
- How to plan to collect aerial imaging data whilst recognising drone platform, sensor, environmental and other pertinent planning factors...
- Common drone mapping/surveying planning apps, the online/cloud-based and desktop software aerial imagery processing applications...
- Drone mapping flight planning exercises based on a 'client's request for survey imagery' with the creation and storing of autonomous drone mapping plans...
This workshop will be held at a modern hotel and golf resort which is situated along a stunning stretch of the North Yorkshire coastline (above) near to our North East of England (Cleveland/North Yorkshire) base.
We can also tailor this workshop to your individual business requirements and deliver this training at your suitable location so to minimise disruption and any additional costs to your company.
What are the essential prerequisites before attending.
- Attendees are expected and MUST already be a UK CAA-registered commercial drone operator and in current possession of a PFCO with appropriate insurance in place.
- Attendees will need to be in possession of and are to bring their small multi-rotor drone with applicable RGB sensor(s) and lenses that they intend to use for the duration of the workshop*.
*This workshop will only focus on the use of small DJI multi-rotor drones (a list of these are detailed in the booking form below) due to our familarity with these drones, their flexibility on use, software/app cross-compatibilities and workshop duration constraints.
(Information updated: 15 June 2017)
20th - 21st July 2017 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking and full payment to be received before 12th July to attend this workshop)
14th - 15th August 2017 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking and full payment to be received before 6th August to attend this workshop)
21st - 22nd September 2017 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking and full payment to be received before 13th September to attend this workshop)
19th - 20th October 2017 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking and full payment to be received before 11th October to attend this workshop)
20th - 21st November 2017 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking and full payment to be received before 12th November to attend this workshop)
The cost to attend this workshop is priced at £545 per attendee and is inclusive of the following:
- A substantial amount of learning materials including presentation slides/aide memoir, drone mapping mission planning spreadsheets, guides, spatial calculators and more...
- WiFi internet.
- Refreshments - tea/coffee, biscuits, cordials and water.
- A buffet lunch provided for both days.
At this time we are limited to a maximum of 6 attendees per workshop.
Book your attendance here.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking. Upon receipt of your booking, we will get back in touch to initially confirm your place. If this is fully-booked due to earlier demand, we will contact you in order to confirm your attendance at the alternative date (if given).
* Required fields.
Disclaimer - ARC Aerial Imaging is not a CAA-approved NQE-certified commercial RPAS training provider and this workshop is an introduction service by informing and educating the attendee the theory and practical aspects of aerial imaging mapping through the safe use of drones.
ARC Aerial Imaging will not accept any liability for any loss or damage to equipment or injury to any third parties during or after this workshop.