If you have a small multi-rotor drone, are in current possession of a CAA 'Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO)' and want to discover and learn a new drone imaging skill or to enhance your current commercial aerial services, we are delivering a market-leading 2-day drone/UAV business development course.
The only drone mapping and business development course of its kind in the UK and which instructed by an Aerial Imaging and Spatial Analyst who has 25 years of proven knowledge and experience, these 2-day workshops are designed to teach the principles and fundamentals of aerial imaging, applying various imaging sensors and collection workflows in order to improve upon imaging and spatial data acquisitions for the onward creation of mapping and other technical geospatial products.
Why will your UAV operating business benefit by attending this...
- INCREASE YOUR COMMERCIAL VALUE by providing informed planning consultation to your clients on how best to collect optimal drone aerial imaging for their bespoke mapping and surveying projects;
- REDUCE, EVEN ELIMINATE PROCESSING ERRORS with photogrammetry software in order to produce better geospatial products and measurable data for your client's end requirements with enhanced collected aerial imaging;
- STAY AHEAD OF YOUR BUSINESS COMPETITORS and retain your valuable clients by knowing how to accurately collect drone aerial imaging for their mapping and surveying needs.
In brief, what will this 2 day course entail...
- Modules including the important fundamentals and theory behind digital drone aerial imaging for mapping, surveying and photogrammetry uses;
- How to manually plan to collect aerial imaging data whilst recognising pertinent planning factors and conditions including drone platforms, sensors, different operating environments and subjects for mapping;
- Understanding image scale, GSD, accuracies, precision and error;
- The gist of photogrammetry;
- Common drone mapping/surveying planning apps;
- Drone mapping flight planning exercises based on a 'client's request for survey imagery' with the creation and storing of manually planned and autonomous drone mapping plans.
- Practical flying modules with multi-rotor drones fitted with RGB sensors for mapping of a site based on exercise scenario mapping missions;
- The importance of verifying collected aerial imaging before introducing into photogrammetry processing software;
- Basic orthomosiac creation;
- Overview of online/cloud-based photogrammetry processing providers and comparing their outputs with desktop photogrammetry software;
- Continued workshop discussions/consolidation and onward guidance;
- Network and establish business connections with other CAA-accredited sUAS professionals.
Real practical mapping training experience...
A key element of this course is the opportunity to undertake a practical mapping task(s) in a real setting and which is based on a "client's RFI (Request For Imagery)". Our experienced instructor will guide you through the exercises and there will be an opportunity to check/discuss imaging outputs during a relaxed post-mapping flight "debrief" session. The practical exercises are typically conducted in small groups, usually one instructor to around 6 attendees.
Price to attend - £495
A 10% discount applies to SUAS Global Members
The workshop is inclusive of the following:
- A Certificate of Attendance;
- A Course Aide Memoir;
- Various Drone Mapping Mission Planning Spreadsheets/Spatial Calculators;
- Reference Guides;
- Course Aerial Imagery (should weather preclude practical exercises);
- WiFi Internet;
- A buffet luncheon provided for both days.
This is not a residential course and accommodation will need to be individually sought for by attendees.
Our Training Venue - North Yorkshire (Saltburn)
26th - 27th April 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 19th April to attend this workshop)
24th - 25th May 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 17th May to attend this workshop)
21st - 22nd June 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 14th June to attend this workshop)
26th - 27th July 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 19th July to attend this workshop)
20th - 21st September 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 13th September to attend this workshop)
25th - 26th October 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 18th October to attend this workshop)
22nd - 23rd November 2018 - SPACES AVAILABLE
(booking to be received before 15th November to attend this workshop)
What are the essential prerequisites before attending...
- Attendees MUST already be a UK CAA-registered commercial drone operator and in current possession of a valid PfCO*;
- Have appropriate Public Liability insurance in place for their drone operations;
- Attendees will need to be in possession of and are to bring their small multi-rotor drone with applicable RGB sensor(s) and lenses that they intend to use for the duration of the workshop**;
- Sign a course register/T&Cs agreement.
* A valid PfCO and PL Insurance is required for the practical element of this workshop however if prospective attendees who are not in possession of one can still book to attend but will not be permitted to operate their drones during this training module.
** This workshop will mostly focus on the use of small DJI multi-rotor drones (a list of these are detailed in the booking form below) due to our familarity with them, their flexibility and broad use by other commercial operators, software/app cross-compatibilities and workshop duration constraints.
Additionally the fundamental and practical learning that can be drawn from these workshops can also be applied to those who may be stepping up their intents in the future by using other types of drones such as fixed-wing platforms.
Book your attendance here.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking.
Upon receipt of your booking, we will get back in touch to initially acknowledge/confirm your place. If your chosen course is fully-booked due to earlier demand, we will contact you confirming your attendance at the alternative date (if selected).
* Required field.
Disclaimer - ARC Aerial Imaging is not a CAA-approved NQE-certified commercial RPAS training provider and this workshop is an teaching service by informing and educating the attendee on the theory and practical aspects of aerial imaging mapping through the safe use of drones. Operators are to adhere to their own drone safety operating procedures in accordance to their Operations Manual.
ARC Aerial Imaging will not accept any liability for any loss or damage to equipment or injury to any third parties during or after this workshop.
Our recommended onward data processing services...
Airograph are a Data Processing and Photogrammetry consultation solution who supply at both consumer and enterprise level for drone data applications.
The utilisation of modern technology and a skill set built upon experience, allows the Airograph team to not just deliver market leading quality products – but achieving fast turnaround and unparalleled customer service.
They are working closely with a number of UK based companies whom are leaders in the field of data capture as well as having steady growth with international presence.
Their goal is to continue to offer highly competitive pricing based on a simple structure and not to mention their drive and focus, to continually improve their workflows through research and development.
For more information please visit them at www.airograph.co.uk